Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Acute Care

When I first started nursing school, I was not completely sure which direction to take. After working and clinical experience, I have fallen in love with the ICU. I like the acute care of it all, kinda crazy, but I love it! I have been in the surgical ICU and pedi ICU. I would like to go to MICU, BICU, and CICU, but who knows if I will get the chance. Next semester there is an ER/ICU elective available, which I really want to do, but bad news is that only 15 students can take the class. A little over 50 students have signed up to take the class. We had to get letters of reccomendation and the teacher will eventually choose the 15. So, I am praying that I get in the class because I really want to work in the ICU when I graduate, and this class will give me a good start on this. I should know next week whether I make it in the class or not. Until then, please pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment