Thursday, January 14, 2010

What to do with an EXTRA hour?!

I am officially back in Lubbock, Texas, awaiting my last semester of college to start next Tuesday. Yep, LAST SEMESTER. This is exciting and scary all in one. I am so ready to be done with school, but then I don't have a clue what to do with my life. The more I think about grad school, the more I dread going down that road, but I really think one day I'll regret it not to have my masters. So that is still a possibility. Where I will be after graduation...only God knows at this point.

I got back to town around noon and had to be at work at 5:30. My plan was to try to get as unpacked as possible, work out for an hour, shower and go to work. I took a lunch break (eating peanut butter out of the jar, real healthy I know, I have to restock my grocerys ASAP) and goofed around on the computer only to look at my clock to see that it was 4:00 already!! I jumped in the shower, etc. I looked at my phone later and it was 3 something. Yep, I never changed one of my clocks back from the time change. (How long ago was that?!)

Needless to say, I had an extra hour on my hands. I couldn't workout unfortunately because then I would get all sweaty, etc. I really need to work out too because I haven't since Monday. Then, to top off my day, I checked my email finally and found out I got a scholarship!!! I couldn't be any happier and it really helps me out financially, and I won't have to stress about having to work so much, etc. I nearly cried tears of joy.

Earlier today, someone told me they got the scholarship notification and I blew it off thinking I won't get one, I never get anything, etc. I was being negative. I then did my daily devotional which was about having positive thoughts. God was speaking to me today. Thinking about it, I am a pretty negative person. It's a way I cope, not a very healthy way. If I think the worst, then I am always prepared and if something better happens, well great! So, I am going to work on this and try not to dwell so much on the negatives and think positive thoughts.

On a positive note...I had a great time being at home for the holidays. I was there for nearly a month! I was able to see Kristi for about 2 days on my way through DFW. We planned to use a cheat to get a sprinkles cupcake. I have heard about these cupcakes for nearly a year and every time I'm in Dallas something happened and we weren't able to get one. Finally I was able to get one and it was amazing!! and so worth the cheat!

No comments:

Post a Comment