Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh, the Temptation!

Today was my first big challenge and struggle with sweets. You can take away fried foods and it doesn't bother me. But take away my sweets, and I don't know what to do, which is why I struggle so much with the challenge. I go into work today, and apparently the floor I work on is having a bake sale (must have missed that memo...seem to miss most of them) So, I am staring at brownies with icing, cookies of all kinds, and rice krispy treats, and all day long I am walking by them. I even eat lunch with a brownie right in front of me. I resisted! I drank my water, and resisted.

Little tidbit of water and nursing. Today, I really wanted to start an i.v. on myself and hook up a bag of normal saline so that I wouldn't have to drink water. Pretty sad, i know, but I did think it, how much easier that would be. I would never do that, FYI.

Tonight, I went to this BBQ/Campfire/hang out. It was kinda a back to school party. I ate a cheese burger with mustard only. Yes, I have changed from mayonaise to mustard. There were way too many sweets there. Cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cake, etc. I resisted. Then, we were sitting around the campfire and people started making smores. Challenge #1 I lost control with smores and ate like 10 smores in one week or something crazy like that. So, I was thinking can I eat two and call it one cheat, etc. All the rationalizing I do. I finally decided a smore was not worth a cheat to me. I resisted. I sat and held the chocolate for people (I love chocolate!) and didn't eat any.

I survived another day!

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Temptation Temptation! Remind me to show you where you can get a blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you are too funny. I love the IV idea though! If only it were that easy :) Add some crystal light to your water to help it along!!!

    ReplyDelete