Yesterday I finished my 4 week OB class! I really loved it and now don't know what direction I want to go with my life in regards to working. This video was a medication project we had to complete. It's pretty silly, but we had a drug that we wanted the class to learn because typically commercials are easy to remember. I think I will always remember making this video. It was SO fun and maybe one day I'll have the bloopers on here!
The seniors just graduated, and they are currently taking the NCLEX. I've heard of a few that failed and it makes me so nervous. To go through two years of nursing school and then not being able to pass the NCLEX. Ugh, I can't even imagine how that feels. I know you can retake it, but it still makes me crazy nervous! I guess I shouldn't stress over that yet. I still have another year, but I am the queen of worry and stress!!
So, I have been trying to get a nurse tech job for like the past month. I have been looking and most places weren't really hiring and I feel like I'm not the best candidate for the job. I worked at a movie theater during high school, and I currently have a job in childcare at FBC, but for the most part I have no REAL work experience and no nursing experience. So I was getting really discouraged and feeling like I was getting no where with nursing even though all you hear is "well you'll have a job". Well, I finally got a call this week and interviewed and got a job!!! I will be on an Ortho/Medical/Surgical floor. Hopefully I will get to see a variety of cases so I can learn lots! I'm pretty excited to begin and I will let you know how it goes!
The new challenge in my life: balance. I am trying to figure out how to balance God, family, school, friends, and health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I am a friend of Tannas and I am also a RN. Here's some advice: Take the Hurst Review for the NCLEX. It is awesome and I promise you will pass. Some hospitals may even pay for it, so if you have a job lined up somewhere, ask. Even if you have to travel across the state to take the review do it!! Also if you can do a summer extern/internship (whichever it is called where you live) at a hospital do so. You will learn so much! And you get a preview for what's really instore!! Good luck!
ReplyDelete