I hate shopping simply because I do not have the money to buy things. One more year in college and hopefully that will be fixed to some extent. But, I still do not like to spend money on crap I don't need. I've been thinking about buying some stuff for a while and finally went out yesterday and bought it. I got new running shoes and an Ipod to listen to while exercising.
I know, I'm like 5 years behind everybody else. I always am! I've been told about Oasics shoes for a while now and finally got some. I'll let you know how they turn out. Then I got an Ipod Nano that I am trying to figure out. I couldn't even figure out how to turn the thing off! I don't know how I was born in the technology era because I definitely do not know how to work things. Speaking of technology, I was going to call the internet people today because my internet hasn't been working. Of course I turned the computer on and it worked today!! So exciting, yet FRUSTRATING!
I babysat two girls today, ages 5 and 7. I tried to keep them outside as much as possible because they are kids and need it, and I need exercise, but it was sooo hot! We managed to jump on the trampoline for a while. I ended up rubbing skin off my toes and they were bleeding. Don't really know how I managed that. Then we were playing hide and seek, and I was running away from them and completely busted it. I fell. I blamed it on the new shoes. But, I'm really just clumsy I guess. So I have a skinned up knee. All this to basically say, I did not feel 21 today.
Sorry this is such a long post, but I rarely have access to the internet (hopefully mine will keep working) so I don't get to update often. I had OB clinicals this week and loved it!! When I was little, I wanted to be the "doctor that delivers babys", then I wanted to be a NICU nurse, then a pediatric nurse, then a geriatric nurse haha. So, basically I don't know what I want to be, but I started off wanting to work with children. I felt like it would be too hard for me to deal emotionally with the loss of children, so thats why I moved away from that particular field. However, my first day of clinical I had to deal with a patient who lost her baby at 14 weeks. I just wanted to sit there and cry. I had to be strong for her, and hopefully I somewhat helped being there for her. That's all I can hope for. I was faced with the one thing I didn't want to experience, but I survived. The next day I got to see a birth and mom and baby were perfectly healthy and it was all wonderful! I LOVED the experience and could definitely see myself being a labor and delivery nurse, NICU nurse, or pediatric nurse or anywhere in between. Who knows, maybe one day I will be the "doctor who delivers babys" or maybe a certified nurse midwife (that sounds a lot better than going back to medical school!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment