
This is the new Texas Tech leisure pool. It cost a grand total of 9 million dollars. Great way to spend money right? So my freshman year we had the option to vote for or against the leisure pool. I voted against it. I would prefer a scholarship to further my education rather than spending millions on a pool, but that's just me! I still think it was a waste of money and a college campus does not need a leisure pool. But everyone's argument "all the other big 12 school's have one". So needless to say, the vote passed and the pool opened this summer. I finally went yesterday despite my arguments against it. It was a nice way to relax. Everytime I floated around the lazy river I thought about how my GPA is dropping another point! Overall, it was a good relaxing experience!!
Edit: I went back to the pool today. I even took a nursing book to attempt to study to make me feel better about being there. Studying didn't happen, but I had a great time. We even got in the lap pool and had some relay races to push ourselves. It was a nice little workout. Sad news...I got really sun burnt!


Girl I may have to take a road trip! I need some of that leisure pool right now!!!!
ReplyDeleteleisure this weekend!! yippee!!
ReplyDelete