I get to take another thing off my 101 list of things to do! I did the Dallas Rock 'N' Roll Half Marathon and it went absolutely amazing. Two weeks prior to the race, I was freaking out and did not want to go. I finally relaxed a few days before the race and was really excited once it got to race day.
We got up bright and early to get out to the race. It was pretty chilly in the morning, so I wanted to run just to warm up. We started running, and I felt very good, but I was starting to get concerned that I couldn't finish the race because I had not even made it to mile 1. Somehow, I missed the mile 1 marker. So, I was nearly to mile 2 before I even knew I had made it a mile!
Then I just began to run and countdown till the end! By mile 7, I was starving! My goal was to finish the race in 2 hours 30 minutes which is a really fast pace. I trained at a 12:30 pace and sometimes slower. At mile 10, I knew it was possible to make my time, so I picked up the pace and finished in 2:24:56! I had a 11:04 mile pace which is crazy because I usually can't run a mile in that time and to run 13 miles that fast!! I was told you run faster on race day due to the excitement, etc, but I didn't really believe them, but I guess it works.
I felt really good after finishing the race. I was really sore for about 2 days, but I would run again!!

Crossing the finish line with a smile!

Got my medal...and looking like I ran 13.1 miles!


I am just now seeing this and WOW look at you go!!!!!!!I am so freaking proud of you, I know how tough that is!!!!!
ReplyDelete