"The only difference between successful people and others, is not the lack of strength, is not the lack of knowledge, but rather the lack of will"
I went walking today on campus, and I noticed this quote engraved into one of the buildings on campus. I have walked by this building hundreds of times since I started school here three years ago, and I never even knew there was a quote there. If I did, I didn't read it, or I didn't remember it. I noticed it right when I began walking, and I thought it was an amazing quote and fit with my weight loss goals. I have to have the will to lose weight to be successful. I can't say that I had the will when I first started this challenge.
I remember Kristi telling me about the challenge, and I was so excited and of course wanting to lose weight. I emailed Tanna to get things started and she didn't reply. She didn't get my email. In a way, I was glad. I gave up before I even started. All I was thinking was that I can still eat ice cream! Needless to say, finally got in touch with Tanna and got in the challenge. I think my first reaction was "Oh shit" (sorry for language, but it's the truth) For the first time I was trying to lose weight, but I was accountable to others. I couldn't just give up like I have always done when it comes to weight loss.
So, I have definitely struggled with the challenge, but I have stuck with it. I can't say I've done everything perfect, but I've done more than I ever have before. AND I'm sticking with it. I walked 3 miles today. My goal is to be able to jog the 5K in October (hopefully with all the beauties)
I have the strength, the knowledge, AND THE WILL TO LOSE WEIGHT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You go girl!! Run, walk, run .. you can do it!
ReplyDelete