It has been a long time since I have blogged. So sorry! It it very weird to say that the summer is over. I don't feel like I ever had a summer. I guess thats what happens when you get old and are working?! So updates:
I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of August. I am living by myself and like it much better than my old place. I just recently got cable and internet, so that's one excuse for not being able to blog! I finally have DVR now which is big news in my life!!
My job is going well. I'm not sure if I have talked about it, but I am working on an orthopedics/med-surg floor. I see a lot of older people with knee replacements, hip replacements, and falls resulting in all kinds of broken bones. I see a lot of younger people with sports injuries. And I have seen way too many car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bike vs car, and people vs car. I have even more anxiety driving cars these days because of it. Then we get an assortment of pneumonia, pancreatic problems, COPD, gum shot wounds, cellulitis, gall bladder issues, etc. So I have gotten to see a lot, and I have definitely learned a lot.
It is so different from being in school and reading books. I remember being in clinical and if any issues come up, you tell the nurse. Thats about all you can do as a student. It never really mattered so much at the time. But now, my license is on the line at all times. It adds just that much more stress to an already stressful job! I have had a lot of ohhh thats why you have to do that moments. I still have a lot of learning to do, but I'm getting better.
It is weird not being in school right now. I love it, not having to study, go to class, stress over tests, etc. But I also don't know what to do with myself! I feel like I need to be in school! I do plan on starting grad school in the near future though. Possibly in the spring or next fall?
I was in two weddings this summer, and I plan to make a post about each hopefully soon! I will hopefully be having a lot of update posts soon, such as where my weight is (ahhh), etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Yay! Glad you are back to blogging. I look forward to reading more. :)
ReplyDeletejust decided to look at your blog... UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!! :)
ReplyDelete