After 7 weeks of this challenge, I feel like I have hit a wall. I started so strong this challenge and did everything the right way, and did not lie about my cheats, etc. This week, it all came crashing down. To start things off, I decided my water bottle needed a nice wash in the dish washer. Apparently, it was not dish washer friendly, so I lost my water bottle and have not done good water wise this week. I finally got a new one and got back on track today. Then I completely lost all self-control when it comes to eating. I have had way too many cheats this week. Actually, I think I have had the equivalent (or more...too afraid to actually look) cheats this week than I have had in the past 6 weeks. Why? I wish I knew. I used to say sugar is my drug of choice...withdrawals finally kicking in? It was a rough week, and each time I cheated, I felt bad and knew I shouldn't be eating whatever it was, but I just couldn't stop. This sounds ridiculous...but you get the point.
Exercise wise. I have stayed strong. Maybe too strong? For 7 weeks I have worked out 6-7 times a week (Ok..one week I only had 4 days) I just felt dead this week, but I made myself workout because when I stop, I usually stop for a few weeks. Finally on Saturday, I decided to sleep in, rather than run another 5 K. I just couldn't do it. My body definitely needed the rest.
We usually have boot camp on Sundays, but today it was cold and misting. Instead, I went to the gym with Rhonda and my boot camp instructor. DON'T EVER go work out with the boot camp instructor (aka someone at a completely different level than you) HA, I'm sure it was for my own good, and probably to make up for my awful week, but I really thought I was going to die. She had me running a mile, then on the treadmill on the highest incline RUNNING, then rowing, and running some more, and abs. I was praying, for my LIFE, because I really didn't think I was gonna be walking out of that gym. Again, I survived, I just need to be pushed. Hopefully I will have a better week. Week 8 here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I had that kind of week last week. It's normal. Just push through. Don't give up. Don't worry about what you have done this past week, just look ahead and plan how you can overcome it. Trust me, don't let yourself stop now. Hitting the wall will happen for everyone. I love you, I believe in you.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing better than me. It's great that you work out so much. It's been raining for weeks here (well, not weeks) so I haven't been able to walk. We really should sign up for a marathon, but I'm going to need it to be further away than February. Considering that I can't run a mile now, I'm going to need a LONG time to train.
ReplyDelete